Do Google Updates Affect Small Business SEO?
If there is one thing you learn from this post, it is that outsourcing SEO is a thing of the past. Google updates such as Hummingbird, aim to filter out the fluff and get rid of the rude SEO employee that stuffs keywords and uses scare tactics into making you think you can’t live without them.
3 Reasons Google Updates Should Not Affect Your Small Business
- Branding is important to rankings – This is a sign of legitimacy and you should know by now branding the hell out of your company really does help!
- Breadth of a website matters to Hummingbird – It is now critically important that websites answers questions for users, but if you are constantly updating your content and making sure your customers ‘know you know’ your stuff, then you shouldn’t have a problem – keep up the good work!
- Replace non-branded keyword traffic with entrance pages – Constantly updating your site and adding new fresh and valuable content is one of the main things [Peachlotus] does for our SEO and website maintenance clients, this only reassures me that we are on the right track with Google! (and just for that enjoy my celebration song below!)
My celebration song:
How to Create New Entrance Pages for Recent Google Updates
- News-jack hot stories in their areas of expertise
- Create info graphics
- Make videos to post on YouTube
- Utilize staff to promote in social media
- Use a small budget to promote the best content via PPC
This Google update will clear the way for small business owners to continue generating high-quality content to prove they have the answers! I hope this article answers and calms some of the fears out there about how these algorithm updates affect your small business and if you have any questions or suggestions.