What is SnapChat?
Snapchat is a mobile messaging application, that lets you send photos or videos to your friends that will stay active for to 10 seconds or you can set it to longer. After the time you set for the post to be available is up, the message is gone forever. Snapchat now can live text and video chat your contacts through the app.
Snapchat has the ability to hold on to someone’s attention for a few seconds so you need to make sure your photo or video has a valuable meaning or clever way for the user to remember it by.
A study recently came out that puts relative newcomer Snapchat in third place as the most widely used social networking app for young people aged 18-34. It has beat out Twitter even, a useful tool social media networking platform, but have you ever thought about actually using Snapchat for your marketing business needs?
7 Snapchat Marketing Ideas
- Product Sneak Previews
- Flash Coupons
- Exclusive Content
- Deal of the Day
- Scavenger Hunt
- Fill-in-the-Blank Fun
- Behind the Scenes Action
How do I Measure Snapchat’s ROI?
Currently, Snapchat does not have any business analysis tools, so we have to go old school on this one.
- List all your Snapchat friends down Column A in a spreadsheet. Keep an eye on those that add you and don’t forget to add them to the spreadsheet.
- Add date added, Username and Welcome message and all new offers to top row of Spreadsheet.
- – Feature a unique promotional code, a shortened URL or a hashtag to be able to track your offers.
- – Make sure to send out a welcome message the day you are added.
- – Send out a follow up re-engagement message within the next 2-4 days.
- – Send out new offers weekly to stay on your customer’s mind!
I would love to know more about the ways some of you are experimenting with Snapchat Marketing Ideas. Feel free to share in the comments or begin a discussion on our Facebook post.